Ankit Desai, MD
"I treat my patients like family."
Ankit Desai, MD is a board-certified ophthalmologist specializing in the medical and surgical treatment of vitreoretinal and macular diseases. He joined Spectrum Eye Institute in 2017. Prior to joining Spectrum Eye, Dr. Desai was in practice in Southern Illinois. In addition, he was an associate professor of ophthalmology at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan and Saint Louis University in Saint Louis, Missouri training future eye physicians.
Dr. Desai is a native Chicagoan, growing up in Joliet, Illinois. He attended Illinois Institute of Technology where he studied molecular biochemisty and biophysics. He then went on to earn his medical degree from the Chicago Medical School and graduated with honors. After completing his ophthalmology residency at Saint Louis University, he went on to complete at two-year surgical fellowship in Vitreoretinal disease at Henry Ford Hospital. He is on several editorial boards and has published in several peer-reviewed journals and presented at numerous meetings.
When not working, Dr. Desai is an avid tennis player, movie aficionado and is a die hard Chicago sports fan. Dr. Desai is excited to return to the Chicagoland area and provide exceptional care for our patients.
Dr. Desai is currently seeing patients at our Joliet, Morris, and New Lenox locations and is on staff at Silver Cross Hospital
Societies and Organizations
- - American Academy of Ophthalmology
- - American Board of Ophthalmology
- - American Society of Retina Specialists
- - Illinois Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons
- - Surgical Retina, Henry Ford Hospital – Detroit, Michigan
- - Ophthalmology, Saint Louis University – St. Louis, Missouri
- - M.D., Chicago Medical School – North Chicago, Illinois
- - Associate professor, Saint Louis University – St. Louis, Missouri
- - Associate staff, Henry Ford Hospital – Detroit, Michigan