AcrySof® IQ Toric
The latest in a long line of IOL innovations from Alcon, the new AcrySof® IQ Toric lens takes the most trusted platform for precise astigmatism correction and adds the enhanced image quality of an aspheric lens, taking the toric IOL to a whole new level.
With the combined benefits of toricity and asphericity, the AcrySof® IQ Toric lens truly offers the best of both worlds:
- Unique toric design offers astigmatism patients the best opportunity for spectacle-independent distance vision
- AcrySof® single-piece platform ensures exceptional rotational stability, with less than 4º average rotation 6 months after implantation
- Range of cylinder powers includes patients with lower levels of astigmatism
- Proven aspheric technology reduces spherical and higher order aberrations
- Aspheric optic offers increased contrast sensitivity and improved functional vision in challenging environments
- Proprietary blue light-filtering chromophore filters more than UV
Toric intraocular lens is a type of intraocular lens that is implanted inside the patient eye during cataracts surgery especially phacoemulsification surgery . This lens is specially designed to correct the astigmatism.
Usually patients who have astigmatism and underwent cataract surgery with regular IOL implant will wear glasses or contact lenses to correct his astigmatism. Instead of that, patient who has astigmatism and was planned for cataract surgery can use Toric intraocular lens implantation instead of regular intraocular lens to correct the astigmatism.